My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Monday, July 11, 2011

How I know...

(Attention, as discussed previously, I lack regular access to the internet. So blogging shall be coming in spurts. This is one such spurt. Hence the multiple posts in a short period of time... :) Now back to our regularly scheduled program...)

...I married the right man:::

*Listening to him pray in Spanish every other night makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

*He tries so hard to figure out what to do when I am upset. When I don't even know what I want him to do, he just keeps trying.

* He looks at me like I am the most precious thing in the world.

*Surprisingly enough, I don't feel like our nightly bedtime routine is complete until he pulls out the neck of my shirt and takes a peek to "make sure the girls are still there"

* Yesterday, I was cranky when we got home because after 35 minutes on the phone with customer service and technician people, my phone still didn't work. I went straight to bed, to mope of course. After coming in to make sure I was okay he left on a "Top Secret Mission." I could hear him tinkering around in the living room and kitchen. Walking down the hall. Moving stuff around. (Our home is a wreck on account of us just moving in and it being in the middle of a mid-life crisis. It is getting a face-lift.) Turns out my surprise was a semi-normal looking living room all set up with a bowl of cereal for me (the only food we have in the house) and a movie ready to play. He had re-arranged the furniture, moved disorganized piles of our junk from the counters and generally cleaned up. He is amazing.

* We watched "Charlie St. Cloud" last night. I cried, and he laughed at me. He cried and I laughed at him.

... he will be a good father:::

* In sacrament yesterday Ryan was sitting next to my mom. Who was holding my niece.
(This is her at our wedding. She is licking the wind. Duh.) Bella was eating some whales, and drinkin her water. Just being cute. When outta nowhere, Ryan reaches down and bites her big toe, which elicits smiles and giggles galore.

*Later on in the meeting, Bella spit out a chunk of water down, mushy whale and it landed right on her tummy. My first reaction: tell mom to get it and throw it away. Ryan's first reaction: pick it up and eat it. Which he did. Man. Have I ever mentioned how much I love him??? :) Winner!!!

* We went to nursery yesterday, to get a feel for it and learn the routine that my Katie-sister (the current nursery leader) had established. There were so many "Winner" moments in that buisness that I can't even write em all down! For instance, he turned the little stick-the-right-shaped-block-in-the-right-shaped-hole toy into the funnest game ever, and made Woody (the cute little 2 year old, not the cowboy sheriff with a snake in his boot) look at him like he was a super hero.

*The reason he cried while watching "Charlie St. Cloud": He missed his little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment