My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Months


Its that time again! My darling, little cutie pie is another month older!!! So, naturally I'm going to tell you all about it...

First of all, (I am not going to take the time to look, but I am fairly certain that the majority of my monthly baby updates begin this way...) I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN FIVE MONTHS!!! (...And really can you blame me? Basically, I am in awe of the whole thing. I grew a human. Pregnancy in and of itself should pretty much just be impossible, but of course Heavenly Father is smarter than me and obviously made it work. So then, this tiny, little--or in my case tiny and little to me, but not so much speaking comparatively-- baby comes out and grows at the speed of light. Learning new things by the second, growing and discovering. Time seems to stop and race on too fast all at the same time. I have a baby. And he is now five months old... Two words: Woah. Nelly.)

And what has my baby *BFG been up to?

One of my favorite things these days is watching him grab things. He loves grabbing anything and everything, and seeing him use his hands so well and with so much coordination just makes me smile. I love the look of concentration on his face!

He is fascinated by colors and loves it when I have designs or writing on my shirts. He stares, completely mesmerized.

He loves to stand... but his true love is jumping! Like a little kangaroo, this one!

He rolls over all the time now. When he first learned to roll over, just before 3 months, he rolled from his back to his front. A few weeks ago I witnessed, for the first time, him rolling from his tummy to his back. The kiddo moves around in his bed so much and ends up in places and positions completely different than when I lay him down. So it wouldn't surprise me if he has been rolling over both ways for quite some time!

Because he is such a rolly polly, he spends a lot more time playing on his tummy. But now that it is by choice he doesn't seem to despise tummy time quite so much. In fact, he really enjoys it! He wiggles around and loves going after his toys. He does little mini push-ups and then when he gets a little worn out he lays his head down and sucks his thumb. Cutest thing in the world.

He loves singing and dancing as much as ever! Lately we have been rocking out to Christmas music... Ryan is not such a fan of Christmas music, so I am starting young with Kylan!

When it is too early for bedtime, but too late for a nap and Goofy Gus becomes more of a Grumpy Gus, one of our favorite things to do is play in the sink. We fill it up with some warm water, and I sit him on the side and .... Splash! Kick! Jump! Giggle! ... He loves it... Sure he, the kitchen, and I all become quite the soggy mess, but it is definitely worth it!

We are working on sitting up. So far he can manage a few seconds before he slumps over, but he gets stronger and stronger everyday.

I love getting to know this sweet boy. I love learning about his personality and watching him discover. I find it difficult to accept that next month he will be half a year old. Ohhhh the craziness of that fact. But then again it shall be our first Christmas as a family of three! I think that shall soften the blow considerably!












*BFG... Big Friendly Giant, a delightful character and children's novel, written by Roald Dahl. Do ya get it?? Eh? I am real clever huh? :) Oh how I love my giant baby. He is just the right size and perfect for me. Not so much for his carseat though. Those days are numbered. Luckily I ordered a new carseat from Amazon just the other night! Excited for it to get here! Well... Good day mate!




No comments:

Post a Comment