My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reality

I am 36 weeks pregnant... And generally you see this ^ side of things! And I do look like this. On Sunday. When I have to dress up, and squish my huge, puffy feet into real shoes. For the 3 hours of church and then the time it takes to snap a few pictures and rid myself of the entrapment. 
Oh yes, this is more like it! Please note the practically permanent placement of my hands!

Ahhhhh, the comfort.

When even my husband's shirts do not pretend to fit me, we find the rare gem of a t-shirt that does not make me have a Tommy-Boy-fat-girl-in-a-little-shirt moment! 

Luckily my sweetie never minds taking pictures of me, and always makes me smile!

I'm pregnant and I know it!... Look at that belly :)

Fun fact: When Bella saw this shirt she got really excited and pointed at Blue's clue! Why yes, that is a blue paw print! Winner. 

Now. Check out my huge man shoes. These babies are gold, I tell you! 

Have you met my beach ball?

We are so happy to have such a wonderful, healthy baby! Even if, at this point, he is mostly wrapped in old, stained T-shirts!
So yes, this is my reality. And mostly, it doesn't include cute shirts and nice, little skirts. Getting dressed is a fight, almost every day, between me and the wardrobe that just doesn't fit anymore. My back hurts, and I don't remember what my feet used to look like. My hair is constantly up in the messiest bun imaginable and my legs usually un-shaved.

But let me tell you. This reality: it is a good one! My sweet sister reminds me daily how beautiful my pregnancy is and delights in my popping belly button. My mommy constantly provides the calm strength and reassurance I need when I am not sure what to do or expect. My husband looks at me like the most precious thing in the world. He loves my belly, and as one of the few to actually see it, in all its stretch-marked glory, this is saying something! I no longer have to go to work for a million hours a day, and even though it is hard for me to not feel useless, no one minds that I am a bum. I have incredible friends. And amazing family. Plus, this beautiful child inside of me is growing and moving and happy as can be. What more could a girl ask for!

With about 4 weeks to go, we are truckin right along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment