My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Day Just For Us

June 3, 2011 my life changed. This is the day that Ryan and I were married. One year ago, last Sunday. Its strange, this feeling. It seems like we have been in love forever. I know very well that it has not been eternity, but that is what I have to look forward to. And then at the same time, I can't believe how fast time has flown by. 

It seems to me, that Ryan and I celebrate our love and our marriage every single day. Of course, we are not perfect! But we try to make the most of the time that we get to spend together each day. Plus we are not really the best plan-ahead-ers! So... there were not extravagant gifts exchanged and romantic surprises. Instead, the night before our anniversary, at about 10:30 we ran to the store so as to avoid starvation and/or breaking the Sabbath! 

After church, on our wonderful day, we went home and here is what we did::: 

Ryan pulled my throne into the kitchen so that while he prepared our delicious meal, I could comfortably sit and supervise.

My adorable husband... sampling is such an important part of cooking don't ya know!

On the menu: Chicken tacos... the rolled and fried and completely amazing kind!

Made complete with rice, beans, tortilla chips and various dips and salsas! 

We piled my many pillows up against the wall in order to create our movie-ready dinner in bed! 

I'm huge and what you can't tell is that my shirt definitely does not cover this gigantic belly! 
We spent the day watching Titanic, which you may or may not know has been a craving of mine for quite some time, and just hanging out. Playing the Wii, I totally dominated at Mario Party! And enjoying an entire day with nothing to do but be together. It seems like, with work and school and church and so many other things going on, the time that Ryan and I have to ourselves is very limited. In a crazy world full of to-do lists and busyness, this day was perfect.

I am so grateful to have this incredible man by my side. I love that for the rest of eternity I get to call him mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment