My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things lately

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. It has seemed like every day is packed with one thing or another. Not really a bad thing, just a busy and tired thing.This lovely Saturday morning my schedule is surprisingly bare, and seeing that I haven't blogged in a bit I will go
ahead and catch ya up on some of the happenings while the food network keeps me company... Stay a while, why dontcha :)

Last week some of my family got the opportunity to go to the temple. Boy how I love that place ---If you are unfamiliar with LDS temples, and would like to find out more you can go here... or here--- and this trip was especially wonderful because it was the first time that my sisters and I got to go all together. Beautiful peace and surrounded by loved ones, I am just not sure it could
get much better.


This trip was also special because it was probably the last time that we will go to the St. Louis temple while still in its district.

Currently the Kansas City Temple is having an Open House. All who want to are invited to tour the lovely building.
I, personally, can't wait to see the brand new temple!

In other news, my little fellow has recently discovered that he can hang out in my side. Naturally, this discovery has brought much testing and trying. Sometimes it feels like he is literally trying to poke right out of my side. Wondering what the coolest and weirdest feeling in the world is?? Let me tell you: Pushing down on the little human inside of you and feeling him squirm all around beneath your fingertips! Amazing.

Our suspicions were confirmed this week. Kiddo does in fact party while we sleep. I generally go to sleep before Ryan and a few days ago, he was resting his hands on my belly while I slept. Gus was just dancing the night away! What a little night owl.

For the most part, we have been showered with good things lately. On less desirable note, this week I received a call from my nurse informing me that I tested right on the line for the glucose screening test. In other words, a longer, more awful test was required to determine if I have gestational diabetes. This delight (dripping with sarcasm) took place yesterday morning. I had to fast (which is pretty much torturous on its own), drink a too sweet drink, and have my blood stolen 4 times. Not to mention the oh-so-entertaining sitting in the waiting room for 3 and a half hours... Results of said test are still to come. Don't worry, I'll let ya know!

I know we are kind of bouncing around today, but like I said I am trying to catch you up!

Husband is gone, away on a scout trip, and I, for the millionth time, am faced with the realization of how blessed I am and how much I truly love him. Next week he will be leaving for more than just one night and I am dreading it. Being the incredibly sweet man that he is, he has volunteered to drive with my mom and sister to Utah! So that means a whole week without my Ryan. I am not sure that survival is possible.

Did you catch the underlying story there??? Next week. Cassie. Utah.

My beautiful, inspiring, dramatic, loving, funny, spiritual, snow-hating, all nanny no fun, adventurous big sister is going to UTAH......... Next week.

I miss her so much all ready that I can't even bare to imagine life without her smiling face for 18 months, but I am so proud of her. Cassie is going to serve a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And what a missionary she will be! The people of the Salt Lake City South Mission are so lucky to have her. But they better not get too used to it! After those 18 months we get her back!!!

Well. The time is drawing near that me and all my girth must be presentable. A beloved family friend is being baptized today! Off I go to begin the unbelievably long process of dressing this baby-bloated body of mine! :)

Hope you enjoyed our time together!


No comments:

Post a Comment