My Cubican and Me

My Cubican: Ryan, Sweet husband of Mexican and Cuban descent (hence my Cubican)

Me: Kellie, Wife, Mommy, and so much more

Our Boy: Kylan, the cutest little man ever

Our Girl: Rosie, tiny, precious, and full of spunk

Our Blog: Life, Love, Laughs, and other good things...

Monday, April 16, 2012

Results!

Today was a day. Not like a sunshine and rainbows day (although the weather was quite lovely)! But more like a try really hard to be patient as you wait to find out some really important news, but then said news never seems to come and you get really frustrated and consequently have very little patience for the non-direction-following-driving-you-completely-nuts children you call students kind of day...

Call number one took place at 12:31 (See! I told you I was trying really hard to be patient!)
Call number two... also 12:31 (Patience= fail.)
Call number three... 2:22
Call number four... 2:22
Call number five...2:23 (I can only take so much of this!!!)
Call number six... 2:28
Call number seven... 3:10

And what came of these seven calls and my torn and tattered patience. A big fat nothing!

I left school knowing that my doctor's office was closed and I would not be hearing from them until tomorrow. That is not a good feeling.

In case it slipped your mind, today was the day I was to find out the results of my 3 hour glucose test. In other words, I expected to know the future of my relationship with cake, cookies, ice cream and other sugary goodness for the duration of my pregnancy... Gestationally diabetic?!?!? Come on now.

It wasn't until I got home, and helped my sweet husband activate his new phone that we got to hear the most lovely voicemail ever. Oh Summer, your voice has never sounded so sweet! (Summer is my nurse, you kooks.)

So hear it is::: NO NO NO. This is one gestationally diabetic free lady! Break it down! That's what my body does!... to sugar! Woooo! :)

On a more serious sidenote... for those of you who have, or know someone who has, had gestational diabetes: I know, it is not the end of the world. It is perfectly treatable. Generally it ends with pregnancy, and is no big deal. I also do not mean to be a snooty booty, and I hope I don't hurt any feelings! Peace and blessings ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment